Did you know that your commercial roofing system goes beyond just the products? A complete, high-performance solution goes beyond the roof itself and includes the coatings you put on it. The right coating can help with energy usage, reduce environmental impact, improve chemical-resistance, moisture control and color retention. But how do you know if you need a coating, why and which works best for your unique needs? We’re here to help.
Roof coatings can help your roof with three main functions: reflect, restore and repair. Using the right rooftop materials can help extend the service life of your roof as well as:
- Realize the immediate tax benefits of expensing, rather than the delayed benefits of depreciation
- Earn credits, rebates and tax advantages related to sustainability improvements
- Postponing reroofing can also postpone costly mandatory upgrades, such as insulation
- Increase energy efficiency
- Reduce landfill waste
- Reduce labor and material costs
Cost to Value Benefits
Using a reflective, restorative or maintenance coating isn’t just good for the overall health of your roofing system, it’s good for your budget. The challenges of escalating roof costs, including rising material costs, volatile energy pricing and stringent environmental regulations have proven that neglecting your roofing system can be more expensive than properly maintaining it.
With this approach, the costs of owning a high-performance roof dramatically decrease over its 30-year life cycle when using the right products and proactively maintaining it.